1. What it is like driving in the rain
2. Driving in strong wind with sand blowing across the road.
3. Navigating some bumps on a dirt road
4. The start of our first time trial!
5. Driving across the green Mongolian Gobi desert
6. Driving beside some beautiful horses
7. Navigating some muddy ground
“A river seems a magic thing. A magic, moving, living part of the very earth itself.” ― Laura Gilpin
The Brisbane river brushed past the small clump of high rise buildings of the CBD, and as we flew over on our way to Singapore I thought about how beautiful the Brisbane River was, on it's meandering route to Moreton Bay.
Water - like major arteries and finer capillaries, spread through the earth beneath me as we flew to Beijing to commence the epic endurance car rally from Peking to Paris. The image out of the double glazed window at 34,000 feet belied the movement and life which flowed across the earth below. The muted flowing marks were deceptive in their stillness. Time seemed to be suspended. The rivers curves were feminine and dynamic. I felt a sense of freedom watching the route taken by the water to the sea.